Welcome to the PDS Management Office
This is the Web site of the Management Office for
NASA's Planetary Data System (PDS).
The Office is located at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center as
part of the Solar System Exploration Division in the Solar
System Exploration Data Services Office (SSEDSO).
The Planetary Data System is a distributed archive of data
products from NASA planetary missions. PDS actively manages
the archive to maximize its usefulness, and it has become a
basic resource for scientists around the world. PDS is
composed of eight teams, called "nodes." There are
five science nodes organized primarily by subdisciplines of
the planetary sciences. The remaining three nodes provide
systems engineering, navigation and ephemeris information,
and image processing support. [ See
"About the Nodes".]
To learn more about the PDS, its data archives, or tools,
see the pds.nasa.gov.
News and Events:
- The Management Council Telecon scheduled for Monday 08 September 2014 is cancelled.
The next telecon will be held on Monday 20 October 2014 at 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 19:00 UTC.
- NAIF is hosting a SPICE training class
on 21-23 Oct 2014 in Columbia, Maryland.
Details and registration are available
- The last Management Council Face-to-Face for 2014 is tentatively rescheduled for 18-19 November. Location is TBD.
- The PDS Student Investigators Program continues to recruit students for Fall 2014 – Summer 2015.
- Presentations from the Management Council Face-to-Face
hosted on 26-27 August 2014 by PPI at UCLA are available on the
meeting webpage .
Minutes will be posted soon.
- Presentations and minutes from the Management Council Face-to-Face
hosted on 10-11 April 2014 by PSI in Tucson are available on the
The AMMOS-PDS Pipeline Service presentation
is now available for public use.
- The PDS Challenge Demo and API website is now publicly accessible.